Spicy Gizzards, A recipe from my mother!
There is nothing better and tastier than a plate of hot and spicy gizzards. For a Sunday afternoon party or snack with the family, it is the ideal snack to start interesting conversations and to socialize.
1. Wash the gizzards thoroughly (whether frozen or fresh) and remove the excess fat.
2. Break gizzards in half or quarters, depending on the size of the gizzards you want.
3. In a pan, boil the gizzards in water for 45 minutes.
4. After the gizzards are cooked, remove the water and place the gizzards in a bowl. The time has come to braise them!
5. Cut the onion into slices and place in the pan to braise with salt, olive oil, and black pepper until golden brown, then place the gizzards, wine, concentrated tomato, and the chilies cut into small slices.
6. Let it braise well, stirring occasionally until a thick sauce is created to accompany the gizzards.