Can you imagine telling someone that you made a Potato Cake? With boiled potatoes?
Whenever we had to make a birthday cake to school, the Potato Cake reigned! Everyone asked for a recipe and everyone was amazed when they knew that the main ingredient was the potato!
1. Turn on the oven at 180 Celsius degrees.
2. Cook the potato and then grate it with a fork.
3. Separate the egg yolks from the whites, whisking them stiff and storing the remaining 4 egg whites.
4. Wisk the egg yolks with the sugar until you get a creamy mixture and add the grated potatoes.
5. Add the sifted flour, baking powder, and egg whites to the mixture.
6. Grease a circular shape pan without a hole with butter and put the mixture previously made.
7. Bake for about 40min.
8. You can test the baking of the cake with a toothpick until it comes out dry.