Pastel de Nata Pie Recipe
Once in Portugal, you have to try a Pastel de Nata, a very small pastry with two main ingredients:
Milk and Eggs!
But for you, I will make a big one! 😊 You can also find this recipe under the name of Portuguese Custard Tart!
Under the image, you'll find the complete recipe and a funny video we made during the quarantine in Portugal! This Pie is super super easy to make, and I can tell you, it's so delicious, I love to cut a slice and sprinkle it with cinnamon powder! Give it a try! 😉
1. Turn on the oven at 180 Celsius degrees | 356 Fahrenheit degrees.
2. Pour the milk in a saucepan and when it becomes warm add the cornstarch flour so that it doesn't create lumps.
3. Turn off the stove, let it cool a little, and add the sugar and 6 egg yolks. In this way, the egg yolks won't cook with heat.
4. Stir well and return to the stove, stirring constantly until it thickens.
5. Roll out the shortcrust pastry in a pie pan and pour the filling into the shortcrust pastry
6. Bake until dark spots are obtained, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Have you enjoyed our post?