A very Portuguese recipe of codfish with potatoes, cream, and breadcrumbs!
Who doesn't love a good dish just out of the oven? Directly from the platter to the plate, just be careful because it will be hot!
1. Place the codfish to be cooked in water. Once cooked, remove the codfish to shred and reserve the water aside, it will be used in the bechamel sauce.
2. Cut the potatoes into cubes and fry them, without being too browned, trying to obtain a slightly golden color.
3. In a pan, place the chopped onion, a drizzle of olive oil, black pepper, and salt to sauté.
4. Add the codfish to the braised and after it has been thoroughly refined add the fries and turn off the stove.
5. Bechamel sauce: In a saucepan, place 500mL of the codfish cooking water with the butter, cream and milk (dissolve the cornstarch flour in the milk, before adding to the mixture) let it boil until it thickens and turn off. Season with nutmeg and lemon juice.
6. Put the béchamel sauce in the pan with the cod and mix everything well. Place the mixture on a platter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake at 180 Celsius degrees until golden on top and serve.